So tonight we had dinner a little later then usual because Dalyn had baseball practice. My kids do not do well with low blood sugar and start to have serious melt downs when not fed promptly, Ryan especially. Well Ryan was melting down, even getting him up to the table was a challenge, he didn't want to eat, no he won't come sit down, no he won't stop throwing a fit, he doesn't want to stop what he is doing, anyway once we finally got him there he refused to let me put food on his plate, and continued to cry the whole time sitting there. Knowing it was a lack of food problem I let him stay hoping he would be inspired to eat. I tried all the tricks I could think of finally about 10 minutes into the meal he agreed I could put spaghetti on his plate if he could do the shaky cheese, deal! So I got him all dished up and handed him the shaky cheese, "Do I do it like this?" he asked, "yep, just like that" "how? like this?" "yep just like that" "do I shake it now" "yep . . . " You get the idea, so finally I reached over while he was holding it and helped him give it a little shake, baaaaad idea! You would think the world came to an end right then when cheese actually came out! "NOOOOOOO! I want to do it" (tears and crying) "Take it OFF!" "I can't take it off Ry Ry, you can just add some more." "NOOOOOO, Take it off."(pushes his plate away and folds arms in defiance) GREAT, back to square one. Then Dalyn, who has been quietly eating his food this whole time says, "You know RyRy, if you eat that spaghetti like that when we go jump on the trampoline and you give me your super bounce I will fall right over" Instant smiles and laughter from Mr. Crabby Pants. Grabs his plate and starts shoveling it in as fast as he can, all the while telling Dalyn how high his super jump is and just what will happen to Dalyn. Five minutes later he has food in his belly and is a different boy! Thank Heavens for big brothers!
3 comments:
It's wonderful to have such a smart and kind big brother! Great job Dalyn!
How sweet! I Love how good kids are. What a sweet Brother.
Dalyn is great!! We all need big brothers like that to help us get out of our Mr. Crabby Pants moods. lol
Post a Comment